This fast expanding global exhibition organiser seeks an experienced exhibition professional who is currently a Senior Portfolio Director or MD, to take the helm at this regional office in the Middle East. This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated, highly driven and exceptional leader who will be ultimately responsible for the overall success of this industry division and office with 35 staff. With the majority of the team based in Dubai and a smaller team based out of the London office, this position is responsible for the continued growth of the existing products, both revenue and visitor growth. Additional responsibilities will include looking for related acquisition and organic growth opportunities. The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker, an exceptional leader and will have a strong sales and marketing background.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Building relationships with the key stake holders within the industry and acquiring knowledge of the industry.
* Conducting Senior Level Engagements with customers, partners, and stakeholders to promote the best interest of the company
* Collaborating with Senior Leadership to define and articulate the organisation's vision and to develop strategies for achieving that vision for the office
* Working with the Divisional Directors to proactively drive the strategy and growth of the business.
* Developing in-sight led commercial strategies to drive revenue growth.
* To encourage both strategic and creative thinking across the group in all departments in order to promote growth.
* To develop an excellent working culture amongst the team to reflect that of the wider company.
* To be the 'face' of the group and to encourage motivation to ensure that the teams all work together for the benefit of a common goal.
* To oversee group budget planning and monthly forecasting.
* Analyse reports of client retention, sales progress, marketing plans and updates.
* Provide monthly reports of activity and progress to Head Office.
* Keep up to date and guide on the tender process for all contracts for the group.
* Present at industry events.
* Give sound media interviews as required.
* Manages the human resources within the organisation in line with organisation policies and procedures and national legislation
* Promotes a work environment and processes to recruit, retain and support quality staff and volunteers
* Educated to degree standard or equivalent
* Minimum of 12 years in the exhibition industry with a minimum of 6 years in a senior management role.
* A sound sales and marketing professional background.
* Experienced in delivering growth both organic and acquisition based.
* Experienced budget planner and excellent forecast management.
* Excellent leadership skills.
* Have experience of change management and culture change.
* Strong planning and organisational skills.
* Be able to demonstrate excellent customer service and be seen as the 'face' of the Shows.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Self motivated, self starter.
* Proficient in the use of MS Office.