A highly respected not-for-profit organisation which produces a series of global events ranging from conferences, seminars and exhibitions is looking for an experienced Events Manager to join their team. The Event Manager is responsible for all aspects of assigned events from conceptualization to post-event wrap up. The Event Manager will be assigned meetings and exhibitions throughout the Middle East geographical area which includes Africa, Middle East and South Asia.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Evaluate, inspect and select venues for the events. Negotiate contracts and work closely with vendors on aspects such as catering, branding, audio‐visual, transportation, signage and entertainment
* Organizing social and networking opportunities during events
* Build and maintain external relationships with key stakeholders within the industry.
* Work closely with committees to ensure the successful management and smooth delivery of workshop and conference programmes.
* Prepare and maintain event budgets, with close monthly monitoring and follow up meetings with other teams including accounts, marketing, sales and event assistants.
* Work closely with Marketing in developing and executing an Event Marketing Campaign.
* Work closely with Sales and committee members to identify potential sponsors and exhibitors.
* Ensuring sponsor, exhibitor and delegate payments are processed
* Establish and maintain relationships with all committees, key event partners, venues and suppliers.
* Production of monthly event progress reports.
* Overview of onsite registration management and operations
* Supervision and training of temporary staff connected with the event
* Assume responsibility for successful events in terms of financial result and member satisfaction
* Event Committee Management which includes committee formation, attending and facilitating committee meetings and liaising with senior executives, international and regional members and non-members on the technical programme and overall event progress
* Assist the Director Middle East, Africa and South Asia Events and Event Team Leaders in developing internal training plans and work processes for the team
* Assist the Director Middle East, Africa and South Asia Events and Event Team Leaders in workshop topic generation
* Generate new ideas, build new relationships, conduct business intelligence, analysis and monitor competition
* Other tasks that may be requested from time to time
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* Relevant Degree and minimum 4 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Experience dealing with senior management and industry professionals is essential.
* Strong facilitation skills and previous work with committees is required.